RB ALUMNI ASSOCIATION & FOUNDATION
The Rainier Beach Alumni Association & Foundation is a special group of alumni & friends who take an active interest in RBHS. Some members choose to volunteer for committees & the board while others choose to give financially to our Dollar for Scholars Chapter to provide scholarships to RB Seniors going to college and/or to add to or enhance RBHS Academic & Support Programs, professional development, among other things.
JOIN THE FOUNDATION
By joining the RB Foundation, you receive a quarterly newsletter that keeps you informed of what's happening at the High School, you stay informed of Foundation events, and 100% of your money goes to R.B. High School for school funding requests. Our newsletter also provides historical information about the school and classmates.
To become a member now, please do the following:
HOW TO MAKE DONATIONS TO THE FOUNDATION
Many RBHS alumni, community and friends make important contributions to the RB Foundation. Every contribution is important, whether it is large or small. Contributions can be made in the form of annual membership, donations and/or both. Donations to the Foundation can be specifically directed to permanent endowments on behalf of individuals or can be made for specific programs or general use.
For further information, contact us at 206.252.6463.
TEN WAYS TO MAKE A GIFT TO THE FOUNDATION
- Write a check. This is immediate, satisfying and tax deductible.
- Give stock. Appreciated securities, if held long-term, avoid capital gains tax as they transfer at their fair market value on the date of the gift.
- Make a bequest. (Leave a gift through your will)
- Give real estate. One's home, vacation property, rental unit, or business location may be an ideal asset for a wise charitable gift.
- Establish a revocable trust in which you fully retain all your assets, but name RB Foundation as beneficiary after the trust benefits you and your family.
- Income from a particular investment such as inherited stock, mortgage, note, bond, or income property can be passed along to RB Foundation.
- Life insurance is often an inexpensive gift. Consider a paid up policy no longer needed to protect one's family or naming the school as successor beneficiary should the named beneficiary die before the insured.
- A life income gift is one by which your gift establishes a charitable remainder trust. The trust invests your gift, paying quarterly income to one or two named beneficiaries. There are immediate income tax benefits, plus later estate tax reductions.
- Your retirement fund or investment is one by which your gift is contributed to a charitable remainder trust. The trust provides you income for life. Or you may name RB Foundation as beneficiary of your retirement fund balance after it has provided for named family members.
- Memorial Scholarship Named after self or loved.
For information on the practical implications of any of these ways of giving, please call 206.252.6463 .